In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Director-General of FAO has decided, in consultation with the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan, and discussion with the Regional Group, to postpone the dates of the 32nd Regional Conference for Europe to the second half of 2020.
Therefore CSO Consultation prior to the 32nd Regional Conference has also been postponed to the second half of 2020. You may follow the upcoming news from:
Thank you and wish you all safe and healthy days.
Dear Nyeleni Europe and Central Asia members,
In view of the development of the coronavirus also in our Region, FAO REU 32nd Session of the Regional Conference for Europe (ERC) secretariat in collaboration with ad-hoc Steering Committee of the CSOs have decided to tentatively postpone the CSO Consultation which was foreseen for 8-9 April 2020.
The Consultation of the Civil Society Organizations, originally scheduled for 8-9 April 2020, is tentatively postponed to take place back-to-back with the Regional Conference for Europe (ERC) from 3 to 4 May 2020 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
Furthermore, please be informed that the time and location of the 32nd Session of the Regional Conference for Europe (ERC) is not changed. It will remain in Tashkent, Uzbekistan on the 5-7 May 2020.
We would like to ask the people who are already sent their interest, to check their schedule and get back to us with their availability for the given dates (3-4 May 2020). The people who have not sent their interest, can still express their interest until 31 March 2020.
Please do not hesitate to write back to us with your questions.
on behalf of the ad-hoc Steering Committee of the CSO Consultation prior to the 32nd Session of the Regional Conference for Europe (ERC)
Ad-hoc Steering Committee of the Regional CSO Consultation:
- Ramona Duminicioiu and Elene Shatberashvili, ECVC-European Coordination Via Campesina
- Judith Hitchman, URGENCI – The International Network of Community Supported Agriculture
- Rodion Sulyandziga, CSIPN – Centre for Support of Indigenous Peoples of the North
- Fernando Garcia Dory – ESN European Chapter / WAMIP – The World Alliance of Mobile Indigenous Peoples
- Aida Jamangulova, ADI, Agency of Development Initiatives
- Andrea Ferrante, Schola Campesina